Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday Night

This Saturday I got the opportunity to spend part of the night with two of the true friends that I mentioned in the previous post. We had a miraculous conversation that got me thinking about my life. It was a night filled with happiness and self discovery.

The next morning I got up and wrote this, I don't know what to call it. It was inspired by that amazing conversation.

Why don't the things I want ever seem to be in my grasp,
Always just a step ahead moving too fast.
When I finally seem to be getting things right,
They go zoom, out of sight.
Though I have the things that I need;
How come my wants never succeed?
I feel all alone,
Even when everyone is home.
Forgotten to let nature take its course;
Never finding true fulfillment from any source.


~Hunter Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment